from: moscow, russia
status: prima ballerina of the russian ballet (on suspension)
Isidora gets to do what most little girls only get to dream of, dance as the prima ballerina for the illustrious Russian ballet. Well that is she did until she was suspended six months ago. Isidora has always been hard working, passionate but to the point it became obsessive. From a wealthy family much was expected from her, and the pressure was immense. She practiced relentlessly until she reached her goal, however only after a year in the prima position the stress became to much. Isidora turned to bulimia and cocaine to 'manage' her weight and emotions. Soon she was withering away and the company was forced to suspend. Maris has always been a fan, and Isidora is actually friends with Princess Margaret. She recently came out of rehab, and Marie figured court would be a perfect vacation before she tried to go back to dancing.
model: auguste abeliunaite
1, 2, 3, plié 2, 3, plié 2, 3, pointes 2, 3 soutenu en tournant
as i was trained
i fixed my gaze on my own reflected eyes
in the wall mirror -
whipped my head around
turned on the pointe of my foot.
i caught my own eye,
the mouth in the mirror morphed into a smile
her hand moved up to her face
my head whipped round to face the reflection
and her hand was down her throat
my scream ricocheted off the hospital - white walls of my bedroom -
no one came running.
a bead of cold sweat trickled down my forehead,
the ghost of the nightmare hovering around the borders of my consciousness.
my eyelids fluttered open and i sat up,
rooted around under the bed for the familiar cold glass neck of the bottle -
Jack Daniels, the only male specimen who truly understood the complex workings of my mind - numbed the harsh thoughts and blurred the edges of reality.
my reality as of now: i am solitary, cold (i swear to god my heating has stopped working), scared and about to get drunk alone (again).
(in character - interview with press)
1) Ok tell us about your past, where do you come from? I am originally from Russia, where I trained as a ballerina. My parents are part of the Bashmakov dynasty, and therefore we are well-off. I had a happy childhood but I was pushed very hard to train after it became clear that I was talented and as a result my relationship with my family is relatively distant. They still live in Russia.
2) How do you know Marie, or if you don't what are the circumstances around you being invited to the wedding court? I have met Marie a few times backstage at the ballet. I have recently been through a tough time, and Marie has very kindly invited me to the court to help me to get back on track before I return to training to resume my position as prima ballerina.
3) Can you tell us a few personal strengths and weaknesses? I am very driven and once I have my mind set on something it is impossible to persuade me out of it. I am very susceptible to criticism and I am afraid of what people think of me.
4) What are you most looking forward to about moving to Versailles and taking part in court?
I would like to spend some time around people who aren't part of the ballet world, as my relationships with have mostly been strictly professional from a young age.
5) What is one thing the world should know about you?
Not to mess with me, because once you are on my bad side there's no going back.
(out of character)
~ why did you choose this character?
i was intrigued by her storyline, and i still have that prima ballerina dream from when i was 5 years old in the back of my mind.
~ can you honestly be active?
i will definitely post atleast 2 sets a week, mostly on tuesdays, thursdays or weekends.
~ why should we choose you for this character?
i have experience of people suffering from eating disorders, so i feel i could reflect her struggle well in my writing.
martini is her vice
pink is her favourite colour
she loves strawberries
she takes 2 sugars in her tea
the only relationship with a guy she has ever had was with her leading man in the ballet, and he broke her heart before she went awol.